Monday, March 29, 2010

Moving On

About three years ago I was talking to a boy in my high school ballroom class (yes I took ballroom and yes I dropped out) I remember asking him if he was still dating a certain someone. You see they had been a very public high school couple. In high school I am much like I am now I love to know things about peoples life some call it  gossip I call it caring. Any way so I for some reason will not forget the politically correct answer this high school senior gave "All good things come to an end and our (meaning the previous girlfriend) good thing has come to an end." This did and still does strike me as very mature way of looking at past relationships/friendships. 

You see I have never been in a serious relationship but I have enjoyed some great friendships and flings (if you can even call them that). I have come to realize that they like this particular high school romance had to come to an end. They had run there course and I learned what I needed to. I grow from each relationship I have with another person. Whether it just be friends, wardies, roomies, or a "celebrity" crush I have grown from them all. Right now I am letting a good thing in my life end because I feel like I have learned my lesson (I do not feel like re-learning the same lesson more than five times over).  So this is to all good things coming to an end and moving on...I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Aww Maddie! I do love that mature response he gave :) Good luck with your moving on! Hope it goes well :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. BUT WHYYYYYY i'm not big enough to let it happen! how are you so courageous? :)

    ReplyDelete