Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good Bye

(me, lauren, krissie, alyse, ally, stephanie)

I will be saying good bye to these lovely ladies in a week. I can not possibly describe the love I have for these five ladies. They have watched me through some of the lowest lows and highest highs. The second year of college was not an easy one for me. I lost myself and had to find myself more than once. They were there for me. They listened to what I had to say. They quoted my quotes. They looked at my Christmas decorations til April. They laughed at my lame jokes. Most of all they loved me for me.

To Lauren you are getting married and I do not know what I will do with out you and our long conversations late at night, before work, before school, after church, Saturday nights, and any other time we were both home. Trevor is a lucky guy. I can truly be me when I am around you and that is the best gift anyone has ever given me. Thank you.

Krissie where do I even begin. Since the first time I saw you and you were willing to listen to my explanation of the roomies I knew I would like you. You are stronger than anyone I have ever met. You are can be more inappropriate than me (which is saying something), and yet you are true to who you are and I love that about you.

Alyse you left me a month too early! I have struggled sleeping alone and not having pillow talk with someone who has great advice. You are the one who saw me at some of the lowest of lows and yet you laughed with me and even cried with me. Thank you for the love, friendship and happiness, advice, confidant, clean room and understanding of my messy room.

Ally you are one of a kind that is for sure. Since the time Steph began describing you to me I knew I would either love or hate you. Lucky for you I loved you. You are who you are and you make no apologies. Africa is lucky to have you for the summer! Guess what? Someday you will find your prince charming and it will be better than any facebook stalking relationship you have had.

Stephanie I do not even know where to begin we did not always get along. I am sorry for this. You were so gracious in truly listening to what I had to say and I can never take back what I said but I will take with me the love you still showered upon me. John is so lucky! You have an ability to make others feel as if they have known you your whole life. This is somthing special and I am envious about. Thank you for sharing part of who you are with me even though I have been so undeserving.

So to my incredible roommates of Liberty Square Madison 13 we have some fabulous stories to tell and I can only imagine they will get better with time. So we go our separate ways I can not wait to see what will come to each of us with time. One thing I am certain of is this Wicked song (Krissie go ahead belt it)


(Elphaba):
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

(Glinda):
Because I knew you

(Both):
I have been changed for good 

xoxo your fav roomie Madison

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous tribute to your friends. they must be some pretty amazing people, and they must feel so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you going somewhere?!
    did i miss something??

    ReplyDelete